Install Fragments 2.0 on Ubuntu / Rocky Linux & Fedora
Fragments is an open-source BitTorrent client for Linux systems and developed by the GNOME desktop environment.
This tutorial will be helpful for beginners to install fragments 2.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Rocky Linux 8, AlmaLinux 8, and Fedora 35.
It is used to transfer huge files like videos, Installation media images and it uses BitTorrent protocol. Fragments 2.0 is the major update with many new features and improvements. Fragments now use the GTK4 and the new GNOME Libadwaitaa Library under the hood.
Fragements 2.0 Changelog
- Updated User interface which is optimized for the new GNOME design,
- Magnet link of already added torents cn now be copied to the clipboard.
- New torrent dialog window which display information more clearly.
- Statistics about the current session
- Fragments can now be used as a client to conrtaol remote fragments
- Enable / Disbale Download queue
- Custom loction for incomplete torrents
For complete changelog refer to the URL
Install Fragmenets 2.0 on Ubuntu / Rocky Linux / AlmaLinux & Fedora
Step 1: Setup the Flatpak on your system using the guide
Step 2: Install Fragments on the Linux systems
flatpak install flathub de.haeckerfelix.Fragments
Step 3: Run Fragments by using the below command
flatpak run de.haeckerfelix.Fragments
From this tutorial, you have learned how to download and install fragments 2.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Rocky Linux 8, AlmaLinux 8, and Fedora 35.
Do let us know your comments and feedback in the comments section below.
If my articles on TipsonUNIX have helped you, kindly consider buying me a coffee as a token of appreciation
Thank You for your support!!